You agree to abide by these Instructor/Teacher Terms when you sign up to become an instructor on the Umang platform (“Terms”). These Terms provide detail information regarding the Umang platform that is important to instructors and are incorporated by reference into our Terms and Conditions, which govern your use of our Services.
You are directly contracting with Umang/Deepadiary as a teacher/instructor.
Lectures, quizzes, coding exercises, practice exams, assignments, resources, answers, course landing page material, labs, assessments, and announcements (i.e. Submitted Contents by you) are all your responsibility as an instructor.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, approvals, and authorization to allow Umang to use your Submitted Content in accordance with the Terms and Conditions;
- You will provide accurate account information and keep it up to date;
- Your Submitted Content will not infringe on or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of any third party;
- You have the required qualifications, credentials, and skills (including education, training, knowledge, and skill sets) to teach and provide the services that you provide via your Submitted Content and usage of the Services; and
- You will provide a quality of service that is consistent with industry standards and teaching services in general.
You warrant that you will not:
- post or provide any content or information that is inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, inaccurate, infringing, defamatory, or libelous;
- Publish or send through the Services or to any user any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other kind of solicitation (commercial or otherwise);
- Use the Services for purposes other than providing students with tutoring, teaching, and instructional services;
- engage in any activity that would necessitate obtaining licenses from third parties or paying royalties to them, such as paying royalties for the public performance of a musical piece or sound recording;
- frame or embed the Services (for example, to embed a free version of a course) or circumvent the Services in any other way;
- impersonating as someone else or gaining unauthorized access to someone else’s account;
- obstruct or hinder other teachers from delivering their services or material;
- Abuse Umang resources, including support services.
2. License to Umang
You authorize Umang the rights to offer, market, and otherwise use your Submitted Content as set out in the Terms and Conditions. This entails the right to add subtitles to Submitted Content or otherwise edit it to make it more accessible. You also give Umang permission to sublicense these rights to your Submitted Content to other parties, including students directly and through resellers, distributors, affiliate sites, bargain sites, and paid advertising on third-party platforms.
You have the right to delete all or any portion of your Submitted Content from the Services at any time, unless otherwise agreed. Unless otherwise agreed, Umang’s right to sublicense the rights in this section to future users shall expire 60 days after the Submitted Content is removed, unless otherwise agreed. However, (1) student rights granted prior to the removal of Submitted Content will continue in line with the terms of such licences (including any lifetime access permissions), and (2) Umang’s right to utilize such Submitted Content for marketing reasons will survive termination.
For quality control and to supply, sell, promote, demonstrate, or operate the Services, we may record and use all or part of your Submitted Content. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you grant Umang permission to use your name, likeness, voice, and image in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling the Services, your Submitted Content, or Umang’s content, and you waive any rights to privacy, publicity, or other similar rights.
Trust And Safety
3.1 Trust and safety Policies
We reserve the right to remove content, suspend payouts, and/or prohibit instructors at any time and without warning for any reason, including if:
- an instructor or content does not comply with our policies or legal terms (including the Terms and conditions);
- If the content does not meet our quality standards or has a negative impact on the student experience;
- a teacher participates in behavior that may reflect negatively on Umang or bring Umang into dishonor, contempt, scandal, or ridicule in the public eye;
- an instructor engages the services of a marketer or other business partner who violates Umang’s policies;
- an instructor engages in unfair competition by using the Services to promote their off-site business in a way that is contrary to Umang’s policies;
- Umang reserves the right to determine this in its own discretion.
3.2 Co-Instructors and Teaching Assistants
You can add other users as co-instructors or teaching assistants for Submitted Content that you administer on the Umang platform, but you must follow our Instructor Terms when doing so. You realize that by adding a co-instructor or teaching assistant, you are giving them permission to take actions that influence your Umang account and Submitted Content. Your Umang account and Submitted Content may be affected if your co-instructor or teaching assistant violates Umang’s Terms and Conditions, rules, or Instructor/Teacher Terms. Umang is unable to provide advice or arbitrate any conflicts that may arise between you and such users. If you have assigned revenue shares to your co-instructors, their part will be paid out of your earned revenue share depending on the ratios you selected in your Course Management settings as of the purchase date.
3.3 Relationship to Other Users
Instructors don’t have a direct contractual relationship with students, so the only information you’ll receive about students is what is provided to you through the Services. You agree that you will not use the data you receive for any purpose other than providing your services to those students on the Umang platform and that you won’t solicit additional personal data or store students’ personal data outside the Umang platform. You agree to indemnify Umang against any claims arising from your use of students’ personal data.
4.1 Price Setting
You will be invited to choose a base price (“Base Pricing”) for your Submitted Content when creating Submitted Content available for purchase on Umang. Alternatively, you can make your Submitted Content available for free. Under the provisions of our Promotions Policy, as a premium instructor, you will be eligible to participate in some promotional activities (“Promotional Programs”).
We will list your Submitted Content for the Base Price or the closest local or mobile app equivalent if you do not decide to participate in any Promotional Programs (as detailed below). We may set a different reduced price or list price for your Submitted Content if you choose to participate in a Promotional Program, as outlined in the Promotions Policy.
When a student makes a purchase in a foreign currency, we shall convert the appropriate Base Price or Promotional Program price into the student’s applicable currency using an Umang set system-wide foreign currency conversion rate.
When a student makes a purchase through a mobile application, the pricing matrix of the mobile platform provider takes precedence, and we select the price tier that is closest to the applicable Base Price or Promotional Program price.
You authorize us to share your Submitted Content for free with our employees, select partners, and in the event that we need to restore access to accounts that have previously purchased your Submitted Content. You are aware that you will not be compensated in these circumstances.
4.2 Transaction Taxes
If a student purchases a product or service in a country that requires Umang to remit national, state, or local sales or use taxes, Goods and services tax(GST), or other similar transaction taxes (“Transaction Taxes“), under applicable law, we will collect and remit those Transaction Taxes to the competent tax authorities for those sales. We may increase the sale price at our discretion where we determine that such taxes may be due. For purchases through mobile applications, applicable Transaction Taxes are collected by the mobile platform (such as Apple’s App Store or Google Play).
4.3 Promotional Programs
We may run promotional programs that will help in increasing the instructor’s revenue potential. You can choose to engage in Umang’s optional marketing campaigns (Promotional Programs). These programs can assist you in increasing your revenue potential on Umang by determining the best price point for your Submitted Content and making it available through subscription collections.
Participation in these programs is free, and you can alter your participation status at any time. However, changes you make will not apply to currently active campaigns, and certain programs may have extra termination requirements.
5.1 Revenue Share
We determine the gross amount of the sale as the cash actually collected by Umang from the student when a student purchases your Submitted Content (“Gross Amount”). To calculate the net amount of the sale, we subtract any Transaction Taxes, any mobile platform fees applied to mobile provider checkout sales, a 3% service and processing fee for any non-mobile provider checkout sales, and any amounts paid to third parties in connection with the Promotional Programs (“Net Amount”).
If you haven’t signed up for any of Umang’s optional Promotional Programs, your revenue share will be 80% of the Net Amount, minus any applicable deductions such student refunds. If we modify this payment rate, we will give you 30 days’ notice via prominent methods, such as email or a notice posted on our Services.
If you opt into any of the Promotional Programs, the relevant revenue share may be different and will be communicated to you.
Umang makes all instructor payments in Indian rupees regardless of the currency with which the sale was made. Umang is not responsible for your foreign currency conversion fees, wiring fees, or any other processing fees that you may incur. Your revenue report will show the sales price (in local currency).
5.2 Receiving Payments
For us to pay you in a timely manner, you must own a PayPal, Razorpay, Paytm, UPI, or Indian bank account in good standing and must keep us informed of the correct email associated with your account. You must also provide any identifying information or tax documentation necessary for the payment of amounts due, and you agree that we have the right to withhold appropriate taxes from your payments. We reserve the right to withhold payments or impose other penalties if we do not receive proper identifying information or tax documentation from you. You understand and agree that you are ultimately responsible for any taxes on your income.
Depending on the applicable revenue share model, payment will be made within 45 days of the end of the month in which (a) we receive the fee for a course or (b) the relevant course consumption occurred.
. We reserve the right not to pay out funds in the event of identified fraud, violations of intellectual property rights, or other violations of the law.
If we cannot settle funds into your payment account after the period of time set forth by your state, country, or other government authority in its unclaimed property laws, we may process the funds due to you in accordance with our legal obligations, including by submitting those funds to the appropriate government authority as required by law.
If a student asks for a refund after we have paid the relevant instructor payment, we reserve the right to either (1) deduct the amount of the refund from the next payment sent to the instructor or (2) where no further payments are due to the instructor or the payments are insufficient to cover the refunded amounts, require the instructor to refund any amounts refunded to students for the instructor’s Submitted Content.
You may use our trademarks when we authorize you to do so while you are a published instructor and according to the restrictions below.
- Only use the images of our trademarks that we provide to you, as specified in any guidelines we may issue;
- Only use our trademarks in connection with the advertising and sale of your Umang-available Submitted Content or your participation on Umang; and
- Immediately comply if we request that you discontinue use.
You must not:
- utilize our trademarks in a deceptive or defamatory manner;
- imply that we advocate, promote, or approve of your Submitted Content or services by using our trademarks;
- Use our trademarks in a way that is illegal or in connection with a topic or substance that is obscene, indecent, or illegal.
Deleting Your Account
You must notify/request us to remove your account. Before we delete your account, we’ll make commercially reasonable efforts to make any remaining scheduled payments that are owed to you. You acknowledge that if students have already registered in your Submitted Content, your name and Submitted Content may remain accessible to those students after your account has been removed.
Miscellaneous Legal Terms
8.1 Updating These Terms
We may update these Terms from time to time to explain our practices or to reflect new or different practices (for example, when we add new features), and Umang reserves the right to modify and/or change these Terms at any time in its sole discretion. If we make any significant changes, we will notify you via prominent means, such as an email notice sent to the email address indicated in your account or a notice posted on our Services. Unless otherwise specified, changes will take effect the day they are posted.
If you continue to use our Services after the changes take effect, you are agreeing to the changes. All prior Terms will be superseded by any amended Terms.
Any version of these Terms written in a language other than English is given for your convenience, and you understand and agree that if there is a conflict, the English language will take precedence.
8.3 Relationship between Us
You and We agree that we do not have a joint venture, partnership, employment, contractor, or agency relationship.
The following sections shall survive the expiration or termination of these Terms: Sections 2 (License to Umang), 3.3 (Relationship to Other Users), 5.2 (Receiving Payments), 5.3 (Refunds), 7 (Deleting Your Account), and 8 (Miscellaneous Legal Terms).
How to Contact Us
Contacting our Support Team is the best approach to get in touch with us. We’d love to hear from you if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions concerning our services.